Injury prevention and sports performance event for GAA players – Friday 7th February 2020, 8pm, Next Level Physiotherapy Clinic, Cork
Join us for our sports injury prevention event, a presentation specifically targeted for GAA sports. Hear about the latest scientific-based research and statistics on how to prevent injuries and therefore improve your sporting performance. Throughout the presentation we’ll demonstrate injury prevention exercises, with time too for a question and answer session.
John Shanahan, a Chartered and CORU regulated Physiotherapist, will deliver the presentation. As owner of Next Level Physiotherapy, John has maintained a keen interest in sports rehabilitation. He has conducted extensive research into GAA common injuries, in addition to reviewing the most recent studies on rehabilitation. Combining this knowledge, John is well-equipped to provide patients with the most effective advice and treatments. Find out for yourself by attending our Sports Injury Prevention Event on Friday 7th February 2020.
Places are €20 per person. You can sign up through our Eventbrite listing here. Alternatively, email email@example.com, call/text 087 184 9464 or book your space through our contact form here. Full payment is required to secure your place. Payment can also be made by cash or card at our clinic. Book fast to avoid disappointment and places are limited!
This sports injury presentation will:
- Identify the most common injuries
- Identify the most common causes of injury
- Establish which players are most at risk of injury (age, playing position, time of injury in a game)
- Discuss what the evidence says on injury prevention
- Discuss exercise intervention and implementation for each of the most common injuries
- Highlight the importance of injury prevention in optimising performance
- Provide a time-efficient and evidence-based injury prevention exercise regime. One that can be easily implemented into training, or completed individually, at the gym or at home
- Advice on strength and conditioning through the season
- Guidance on nutrition
- Advice on returning players to training, contact and match play after an injury.
Find Next Level Physiotherapy Clinic, Cork within MD Clinic, Unit 4/5, The Plaza, City Square, Watercourse Road, Blackpool. Follow directions from Google here.